Public Relations Consultant
REVOLT is focused on expertly curating the best in Hip Hop culture and engaging youth in social conversation – on- air, on-line, on-demand. This unapologetically hip hop, multi-platform network offers breaking original programming, music news, videos, artist interviews, and exclusive performances.
The Public Relations Consultant will manage and execute communication strategies aimed at positively positioning REVOLT and its brands among trade (e.g. advertising, affiliate, business, music), clients and business audiences. This is a part time consultant position, requiring approximately 20 hours/week with more hours around major events.
What You’ll be Doing:
- Manage and execute strategic media relations plans for REVOLTs linear, digital and branded content.
- Proactively place stories around the company’s linear, digital and branded content, sales accomplishments and business activities.
- Generate press releases, media alerts and other media related documents for distribution and strategic placement in media outlets.
- Serve as communications advisor to REVOLT senior leaders.
- Liaise with Talent, Talent Agents, Managers and other Talent Reps
- Coordinate and generate ideas and materials for REVOLT’s Sales presence at industry events.
- Evaluate all forms of communications before release to ensure accuracy and appropriateness of message.
- Create and maintain a favorable public image for REVOLT by communicating programs, accomplishments and/or points of view.
- Prepare and submit to REVOLT senior leaders a bi-monthly press report that highlights monthly PR media pick ups, impressions, etc.
Who You are:
- Passion for and deep understanding of Hip Hop Culture
- Has extensive contacts and professional relationships with business and trade journalists in the media
- Strong professional relationships with network talent, their publicists, managers, and agents
- Excellent writing skills (releases, internal communications and presentations)
- Discretion in handling confidential and sensitive information
- Ability to interact with senior executives and talent with a high level of customer service and professionalism
- Great at writing, speaking clearly and can organize, summarize, clarify, and communicate detailed ideas simply, succinctly, and accurately
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment with tight deadline
- Enjoys working independently and/or as part of a team
- LA based; ability to travel 20%
- 5 + years’ experience in communications or media relations
- Understanding of all primary social media platforms
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.